Getting ready for the 2017
As the new year 2017 approaches, I wanted to jumpstart and be proactive on re-platform my 2016 Portfolio, which was my latest rendition and collection of work that I was showcasing through the year.
In order to grow and organize and balance my work-life situation (I promise I will have a blog post about it soon), I needed to have a more effective way to upload work samples to my portfolio, than doing it the old-fashioned way (hand coding into the PHP incudes). That is why I had to spend some time figuring out how to turn my HTML/PHP site into a fully functioning WordPress site.
The 5 main reasons why I decided to migrate my site to WordPress.
- Needed a more effective way to manage my portfolio updates.
- Needed a blogging engine to force myself to write at least one piece a month.
- Needed a more scalable solution in where I could implement other tools and plugins.
- Wanted to get more active on social media cross linking.
- Just for the sake of challenge myself with the task of creating a custom WordPress theme.
The latest 2017 www.joseluquin.com portfolio site, is a work in progress and will continue to be until I get all nuts and bolts in place, and have a fully functioning well oiled WP lean machine running to my favor.
More to come soon…
Also published on Medium.